Thursday 26 March 2009

Slow NZ news



The headline on the  bottom right.

Living in Korea I like to get my news from back from the usual news sites the NZherald and stuff.co.nz
Is it a slow week, is NZ that boring? Or do we really care about trivial things that much? 

What I am referring to is that the front page headlines have seemed to have remained the same for the last 3 days.
Maybe if it was something important such as the ongoing Bain trial, Sure. But having your front page headline for an article about a blog by some Australians talking smack about NZ on the internet? As a friend of mine would say (probably the only guy reading this blog actually) "somebody call the wambulance!". Geez somebody talked down another country on a blog? Shock horror! Geez how long have you been using the internet, I'm sure you could find a hate blog for Mother Teresa if you tried.

In other random and irrelevant news, water has started to leak through the bottom of our walls and floor which is a bit of a worry so we'll be calling up the land lord tomorrow. Just lucky we caught it before water dripped into a power socket or something.

And in blending news. My wife surprised me by ordering a blender over the net. (We had been planning to buy one.) Turns out it was just the one I wanted! Look forward to making some high calorie, energy filled, power weight gaining shakes! Hopefully help stomach a few more things in shake form to make my scrawny frame look a tad more sturdy and muscular.All this of course accompanied by a workout routine which I'm doing a shocking job at sticking too.



And finally, welcome home to my sister who just got back from India. Cannot wait to see the photos!

2 comments:

  1. Aint google wonderful..

    http://www.fitz-claridge.com/Articles/MotherTeresa.html

    http://ihyphenhate.blogspot.com/2007/07/shes-no-mother-of-mine.html

    http://insightscoop.typepad.com/2004/2007/08/hitchens-dogma-.html

    Yes, I know its sad that I bothered to look. I needed a break from studying/preparing classes.

    Aint NZ news just boring?! I think I only look at the Herald for sideswipe..and even that can be a sad reflection of the mother country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments guys

    거북 - Nice dude. don't think I'll be subscribing to that blog though haha

    Dre - Been a long time. Thank you so much for all your help. I hate it when life gets in the way of working out. I have good weeks and bad weeks and sleep is the hardest. Nevertheless I'm not givin' up and will keep going at it.

    ReplyDelete