Monday 16 February 2009

Korea - The Land of Extremes

With a title like that I could probably go off on a couple of tangents but let me stick to weather for now.

Here's a great example of how in a couple of days you can go from weather that's almost good enough to wear a t-shirt in to long johns, scarves and gloves.

As I'm sure you can make out that the image above is a summary of this months weather so far. If you take a look at Friday the 13th, the temperature shot up to 17 degrees Celsius. Quite unusual for February but weather is an unusual thing. At the bottom you can also see the lowest temperature for this month was this morning at -5.7 degrees, just a couple of days after.

Surely enough, this will be topped tomorrow morning when the mercury is supposed to drop to -11 degrees as you can see on the forecast below. (On the right) The high for the day is 0 degrees.

What frustrates me is when people say "Why is it so cold?". Uh Hello? Is it not winter? Did it not used to get even colder a long time ago at this time of year? Maybe I'm just being anal about something people say just for the hell of it but it just seems a funny thing to say.

Anyhow, maybe I'll be putting my long johns on tomorrow for the last time this winter. I look forward to the crisp, icy air and the ol' jack frost stinging my face, because before we know it, it'll be 36 degrees and 99% humidity again.


No comments:

Post a Comment